There’s a conspiracy afoot.
Raging PMS. Pee squirts when you laugh. Sex that makes you say “ouch” instead of “oooh la-la.” If you listen to the current medical system, family, friends, or the media, it’s easy to believe this is all part and parcel of the female experience. Just hop into any hair salon and you’ll hear:
“Every mom I know has lower back pain after birth.”
“Every mom I know has lower back pain after birth.”
Your Pelvic Oasis And
Your Inner Power
Before we dive in, let’s have a quick chat about your pelvic area. Deep inside, there are bands of muscles, tissues and nerves from your tailbone to your pubic bone that cradle your pelvic bowl. This is where your bladder, uterus, vagina and colon are cozied up, doing miraculous jobs like regulating hormones, excreting harmful toxins, creating life and giving birth— it’s the most powerful force in the universe!
And this power is the home of your creativity, vitality, expression and vision. You can read more about your pelvic bowl here. However, when things get out-of-balance with pelvic trauma, you can start experiencing a wide-range of concerns that interfere with daily life.
But what exactly is pelvic trauma?
Here’s the straight definition, “pelvic trauma is any event that causes a prolonged disruption between a person and their center or root that does not allow for reconnection and resolution.” Basically, it means any event that disconnected you from your center of power and won’t reconnect on its own.
This can come from an overwhelming experience (energetically, emotionally, or physically) and often involves a threat to life, whether it’s yours, your provider’s, or your child’s.
Pelvic trauma can range from:
• A car accident
• Physical injuries like falling on your tailbone
• Extreme athletic competition
• Abuse patterns or pelvic trauma in the lineage
• Miscarriage, late-term loss or loss in childbirth
• Delivery complications
• Medical procedures
• Gender wounds
• Early life events
• Childbirth and more
This terrifying event disrupts your energetic, emotional, and physical connection to your inner power which takes root in your pelvic bowl. This disruption happens to keep you alive in the moment but it ends up lingering like a house fly. It sticks around as an unresolved and/or stuck pattern in your body. Then you start feeling the consequences of these stuck or unresolved body patterns— and like that pesky fly, it breeds and brings trouble.
Pelvic traumas manifest in the body in a ton of different ways. Physically, you can have painful sex, numbness, incontinence, menstrual cramps, lower back pain or more. Emotionally, you can experience shame, guilt, anger, or fear. And energetically, you can feel ungrounded, small, powerless, and voiceless.
Healing Your Pelvic Trauma
If you want to fully heal, reclaim your power and feel sublime sexual bliss, your pelvic bowl— your pelvic oasis— is the doorway there. Here are 3 levels of healing you can do at home to start:
THE PHYSICAL LEVEL
Pelvic exercises focus on tightening and holding the muscles that support your pelvic oasis. By strengthening and releasing these muscles, you’ll have better bowel and urinary control— and heightened sexual pleasure too! Just be sure to check with your primary health physician if you’ve just given birth or have specific limitations.
The Squeeze and Ease
This exercise is a rapid “squeeze and release” movement that’ll help your pelvic floor muscles to respond like quickfire!
1. Sit in a comfortable position
2. Picture the pelvic floor muscles
3. Squeeze the muscles as quickly as possible and release without trying to tightly hold the muscles
4. Rest for 3–5 seconds
5. Repeat the movement 10–20 times
6. Repeat the exercise 2 times during the day
Although normally known as a booty enhancer, the bridge exercise is also great for strengthening and relaxing the pelvic floor.
Give it a shot:
1. Lie down on your back, bend your knees, and place your feet flat on the floor about hip-width apart. Let your arms fall to the sides with the palms facing down
2. Squeeze your butt several inches off the ground
3. Hold this position for 3–8 seconds
4. Relax your bum and pelvic floor muscles and lower yourself to the ground 5. Repeat up to 10 times
6. Rest, then do 2 more sets (or work up to it)
As your pelvic floor gets stronger, you’ll find you can do more repetitions (and you’ll feel like a goddess too).
THE EMOTIONAL LAVEL
Don’t roll your eyes. I know you’ve heard this before, but that’s because journaling works. It increases mindfulness, boosts emotional intelligence, promotes greater well-being, better memory and even improved immunity to disease.
Here’s how to do it effectively:
Focus on positive events. Reliving a positive experience is a simple way to increase your emotional well-being. When you write about these experiences, make sure you describe in detail what led to the positive feelings.
But don’t over-analyze them! It reduces the positivity of the experience. The goal is to re-experience the pleasant feelings and emotions, not to question them.
THE ENERGITIC LEVEL
Pelvic Awareness Meditation Send some well-deserved love to your pelvic bowl with a quick meditation for energetic cleansing and healing. Here’s how to do it:
1. Sit somewhere quiet in a comfortable position
2. Close your eyes and breathe deeply through your nose
3. Hold while you count to 4
4. Release your breath slowly through your mouth
5. Do that a few times until you feel yourself unwind and relax
6. Now, picture a soft pink light entering your nose when you breathe in
7. Send this pink light down through your lungs, your belly and finally to your pelvic area
8. Let the light swirl around this area and imagine it healing your pelvic bowl
9. Send loving thoughts to this area like “I honor you. I love you.
10. Thank you for being my center of power”
11. When you feel ready, repeat the 4-count breathing and finish when it feels right
12. Repeat once a day
Equipped with these exercises, you’ll take a giant step towards better vitality, clarity and sexual satisfaction. But if you want to go deeper— if you want to fully heal, take ownership of your body and feel mind-blowing, ecstatic pleasure this online course was designed for you.
Packed with practical tools, easy-to-follow tips and short meditations, you’ll deepen your awareness of your pelvic oasis and feel endless love and bliss. From anatomy, ancestral healing, traumas and sacred sex, you’ll step into your power, tap into your creativity and dramatically increase your sexual pleasure.