The pelvic bowl is like an emotional storage space. There are many deep emotions that run through these tissues. I’m going to give a container for those emotions and practice about how to work with yourself in this post. The uterine, pelvic bowl center is by nature a space of shadow, it’s dark and protected.
This is your power. Your intuition. Your creation space. Often people get very afraid of going there and then once they are supported to enter this dialogue, they find it incredibly beautiful, soothing, comforting, powerful, and potent.
The “content” of the pelvic bowl is a wide range.
From feelings about sex (an obvious one), lineage and family history, longing to have a baby, injuries, anxiety about bodily functions, self-esteem and body image, our own birth or giving birth…the list seriously goes on and on.
Liberating the feelings can be intense. And so beautiful. This is my work, this is what I love, this is what I know.
Why would we want to do this? To feel clear and free. Pelvic bowl and bodily freedom is a profound experience. Do you know what it’s like to truly be free?
If you’re curious to begin tapping into this practice, begin here.
I always invite a lot of curiosity and compassion for yourself here:
– place your hands on your lower belly, with your fingers touching your pubic bone and your thumbs upward underneath your belly button. Let your touch be caring, gentle, and present
– take 3-5 deep breaths into this space. Notice if your lower belly can move against your hands
– breathe cleansing into the front, right, back, and left sides of your pelvic bowl. You may use the image of cleaning, brushing, aging, sweeping, water washing, whatever feels most true to you
– check in with your body, simple…”how are you, I want to know you”. Open your internal eyes and ears. You may have sensations, emotion, memories, or stories arise
– allow whatever is there, to be there. Pause judgment, resistance, and anything else that could get in the way of the truth of this voice being heard
– To close, give simple blessings. Say thank you, I love you, I see you
This is a deep dive. This process above is the tip of the iceberg. If you need support to be with this, I encourage you to find a practitioner who can give a space for you to be with this where you feel supported and held.
Want to explore with me? I have spaces opening up periodically in my programs, write to me with interest, if you like this blog leave a comment here! with love, Alicia