The female pelvic universe. This is your power center. In this post, we’ll explore the basics. Even if you’re so familiar with this place, this is always a good reminder. The abc’s is where it’s at for us all. I do this kind of practice every day as a self-care pelvic health practice. You’re going to get the bony landmarks, organ placement, and a way to be in relationship with to these spaces in just 3 minutes.
In my world, a relationship with this body, especially this area, is essential for the health of our entire system. Even if you have had a procedure and some of your organs have been removed, this is still an energetic powerhouse center of your body. My encouragement is to approach this exercise with as much curiosity and acceptance as you can muster!
Follow these steps below to initiate, reconnect with, and foster a loving connection to your own power:
1. Place your hands on your lower belly. Wayyyy low.
2. Find your pubic bone, this is the bone at the very bottom of the lower belly, in the center of your pelvis, that sticks out a bit. Give yourself the kind of touch that feels right here whether it’s light and gentle or firmer and grounded.
3. Move your hands up a few inches and let them rest on the soft tissue of your lower belly. This is the ideal placement of your uterus. Take 3-5 full breaths. Notice what you feel. Check in: how is this place feeling? What are your sensations here? Numb, frozen, alive, tingly, warm, open, tense? What are your emotions and feelings when you go to this place?
4. Bring your fingers a bit more to the outer edge of the lower belly, and up a few inches. This is the ideal position of your ovaries. Take a few breaths. Gently press inward a bit on one side and then the other, notice the quality of the sensation, the feeling. Check in: how is this place doing and feeling?
5. Run your hands along the crest / high ridge of the side of the hips along to the sacrum (very lower back, the origin of the spine). Hold your hand here gentle to sense for a pulse. All of these landmarks make up your pelvic bowl! Let your hands come back to your lower belly and take 3 breaths into your pelvic bowl space that reaches down far under the points of contact under your seat. We’ll cover the pelvic floor in another post, stay tuned for more.
Let me know how this works for you! Do you like what you’ve read? Do you want more? Leave your comments here or write to me, I love hearing from you!